A Quick User Guide to your Apple AirPods
With the release of the second-generation Apple AirPods, your Apple experts at Compu b want you to get the most out of your truly wireless earbuds. We’ve compiled a quick user guide for the Apple AirPods to make your set up seamless and added in our favourite tricks and tips.
How to Connect Apple AirPods to an iPhone
- Connecting to an iPhone couldn’t be easier:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Open the case—with your AirPods inside—and hold it next to your iPhone.
- A setup animation appears on your iPhone.
- Tap Connect, then tap Done.
- If you have AirPods (2nd generation) and you already set up "Hey Siri" on your iPhone, then "Hey Siri" is ready to use with your AirPods. If you haven't set up "Hey Siri" already and you have AirPods (2nd generation), you'll be guided through the setup.
- If you're signed in to iCloud, your AirPods are set up automatically with any of your supported devices that are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
How to Connect Apple AirPods to a Smartphone
- Apple AirPods are compatible with non-Apple devices and the setup is simple:
- Open the AirPods case.
- Press and hold the rear button to initiate pairing mode.
- Go to the Settings menu on your device and select Bluetooth.
- Find the AirPods on the list and hit Pair.
How to Charge Apple AirPods and Case
AirPods have a battery life of 5 hrs from one single charge but when you finally have to give them a boost, here’s how:
- To charge your AirPods, put them in the case and close the lid.
- AirPods shut down and charge whenever they're in the case.
- You can charge your AirPods (1st or 2nd generation) in the Wireless Charging Case or AirPods Charging Case.
- If you have the Wireless Charging Case, you can charge wirelessly with a Qi-compatible charger. You can charge either case by plugging it into an Apple Lightning to USB cable.
How to Use Siri with 1st and 2nd Generation AirPods
Activating Siri on both generations is as simple as one tap:
- For 1st Generation just double tap either the left or right AirPod to launch Siri.
- With AirPods (2nd generation), you can say "Hey Siri" or double-tap to use Siri.
You can use Siri with your AirPods to ask questions and make phone calls. Siri can also control your music and check on your AirPods. Here are some examples of Siri requests:
"Play my Favorites playlist."
"Turn up the volume."
"How do I get home from here?"
"Skip to the next song."
"How is the battery on my AirPods?"
How to find missing AirPods through Find My iPhone
If you misplace your AirPods, there’s a quick and easy solution:
- Launch the Find My iPhone app.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Tap your AirPods in the listing.
- Select Actions.
- Press Play Sound
Both earbuds will start making a triplicate chirp — quietly at first, then increasing in volume. If you're trying to find just one of the buds, you can mute the left or right earbud to focus in on finding the other earbud.
Both 1st and 2nd generation AirPods are available subject to availability at Compu b now.